Welcome to this week's edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what's next.
- Medical specialties may be becoming more specialized – The future of medical specialties (Physicians Practice)
- Should there be an age limit for surgeons? A recent New York Times piece explores whether surgeons should stop practicing after a certain age – When is a surgeon too old to practice? (Becker's Hospital Review)
- More than half of new osteopathic doctors chose residency programs in family or internal medicine, new data show – Physician Practice Roundup – More than half of new osteopathic doctors choose primary care (Fierce Healthcare)
- Physicians should make sure patients understand a few key concepts about medicine and health – 6 ideas that physicians need to explain better to patients (Forbes)
- Medical school debt can be a big burden. These four tips can help doctors pay off their debt faster – How to pay off medical student debt more quickly (Locumstory.com)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation's largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 16 years.
The Problem of the short-term health insurance in the District of Columbia: find affordable coverage Aging Surgeon: When Surgeon Age Becomes
dC health insurance marketplace: history and news of the state’s exchange: Obamacare enrollment Age is just a number, according to data from the American Medical Association, many surgeons continue to practice beyond the standard retirement age.6 As the baby boomer generation reaches retirement age, it is anticipated that an increasing. DeBakey eventually underwent the grueling seven-hour procedure. Preventing the airborne spread of Staphylococcus aureus by persons with the common cold: effect of surgical scrubs, gowns, and masks. Accessed February 12, 2014). J Hyg 1982 ;. Treatment for...
Whats cloaked in the OR attire debate. Recently, a large retrospective review by Shallwani et al noted no statistically significant change in the SSI rate from 13 months before to 13 months after the new aorn policies. Moreover, there are other considerations when mandating a policy in the hospital aside from direct effects on infection control: how patients perceive their caretakers, how caretakers interact with one another, and how efficiently patients move through the system 7,. As Valerie describes, "This minor cosmetic surgery drastically changed my life." These circumstances where plastic surgery is minor but creates a positive change in a person's life are not bad.