Welcome to this week's edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what's next.
- One physician explores the disconnect between primary care's importance and its shrinking workforce – Study: Primary care doctors increase life expectancy, but does anyone care? (Forbes)
- Can an international medical mission ease physician burnout? One doctor discusses how a recent humanitarian trip helped him address burnout – Treat physician burnout by seeing more patients (Physicians Practice)
- Patients have similar health issues regardless of where in the U.S. they live, but those in rural areas can face obstacles accessing care – What's happening with high-acuity cases in rural hospitals (Becker's Hospital Review)
- Want to improve patient experiences? These six types of surveys can help medical practices and healthcare organizations address gaps in care and enhance satisfaction – Industry voices-6 types of healthcare surveys that can improve patient experiences (Fierce Healthcare)
- Relationships with coworkers may be rewarding but can also come with challenges. Here's how to combat feelings of jealousy in the work place – Feeling jealousy at work? How to overcome it before it gets the best of you (Health eCareers)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation's largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 18 years.
Addressing the Primary Care Problem Medpage Today
J Am Coll Surg 2004, 1999: 792799. Osteopath Med Prim Care. Barclay S, Todd C, Finlay. Although the Hopwood precedent was abrogated in 2003, it escalated the anti-affirmative action buy tadalafil 20mg look movement after 1996 which has phentolamine for iv infiltration aided in the continued discrepancy in population equality by race/ethnicity. Programs should also be put into place to promote the valuable resource of IMGs, and cultivate their skills to better serve patients here in the. Department of Health Tackling health inequalitiesa programme for action. Treatment for...
In spite of minority physicians' evident importance, however, the number of minority or low socioeconomic background individuals in medical schools is drastically low, making up only.4 of graduating physicians from allopathic medical schools. N Eng J Med 313(24 15191525. In short, the current and predicted future physician shortage is an issue that must be addressed by policy makers, medical educators, and hospitals alike. A shortage of PCPs in particular has the potential to negatively impact our viagra eriacta most vulnerable populations, such as the elderly and those dependent on community clinics. Ashton J, Seymour.