Welcome to this week's edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what's next.
- Practices should consider introducing virtual visits to stay relevant and improve patient satisfaction – Virtual care is best performed through an established patient-physician relationship (Medical Economics)
- Sometimes you need a little "MAGIC" to keep employees productive and happy. Experts recommend five strategies to increase engagement among staff – Using 'MAGIC' to improve employee engagement (Physicians Practice)
- Tax time is quickly approaching. Don't make these five errors on your tax return – Avoid these 5 costly – but easily avoidable – last-minute tax filing mistakes (Medscape)
- Is it the right time in your career for locum tenens? Here's when switching to locum tenens may be best – 3 times locum tenens makes sense for your career as a PA (Health eCareers)
- Reading an engaging book may enhance your empathy, according to an expert in child development – This is what a great book does to your brain (Inc.)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation's largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. She has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 18 years.
10 Things To Know About Starting Your Telemedicine Practice
Instead of planning for a specific program, have a strategic plan for deploying telemedicine to all your specialties from geriatrics to chronic disease and palliative care to ICUs. The data is automatically sent to the patients health care provider, so they can take swift action on any abnormal findings. The dentist can then diagnose oral health issues and recommend treatment. Software Advice survey of 381 patients found 75 percent are at least moderately interested in using videoconferencing software for a virtual visit in lieu of an in-person office visit for a minor ailment (e.g., cold symptoms). Providers are able to extend office hours and offer jamie Tworkowski Opens Up About His Mental Health Journey more appointments since they can work from home without worrying about overhead costs (e.g., staffing and utilities). Treatment for...
State laws vary considerably on who can prescribe what I Learned About Mental Health from My Divorce medication via telemedicine. Well tell you what it is, show you how to pick a platform and give you insights about the potential return on investment (ROI). Since they must constantly see enough patients to pay practice costs, it is important for them to explore effective ways to grow and keep their patient base. If you dont have a business already set up, youll need to start one. Telemedicine laws are generally broken up into two delivery methods: hub-and-spoke and direct-to-consumer.